St Albans Property Management
Whether you’re a property owner who doesn't want to sell, a buy to let landlord with just one property or a large portfolio of properties or moving overseas, our property management team in St Albans can help. Providing a sincere and professional property management service, we’ll work hard to ensure the return on your property investment is maximised. We’ll help you to manage and maintain your property so that vacancies are minimised, providing you with a rental income for the duration of your let as well as offering you a range of letting services to protect your property.
Our Property Management Service in St Albans Includes:
- Full management of your property.
- Fully computerised property management system.
- Suited to the requirements of overseas landlords as well.
- Regulated by NAEA and ARLA Property Mark Protected- Members of ‘The National Approved Letting Scheme’.
- Members of the Tenant’s Deposit Service (TDS).
- Members of The Property Ombudsman Scheme (TPOS).
- Corporate lets.
- Accompanied viewings.
- Experienced, mature staff.
- Full letting service available remotely via e-mail and the internet.
The lettings department, headed up by one of our directors, James Smith MNAEA MARLA, offers the same high levels of service that have long been associated with the Daniels brand . Our property managers in St Albans can provide you with:
- Property appraisals.
- Open and transparent fees with no hidden charges.
- Up-to-date lettings legal information.
- Market leading, cost effective insurance packages for landlords and tenants.
- Easy to read agreements and contracts for tenants and landlords.
- General lettings advice and helping landlords to improve their property portfolios.
- Use of our numerous years of experience and knowledge in the St Albans area.
Our fee structure for managing your property is clear and based upon a monthly management fee which we will agree with you in advance plus an initial £300 plus VAT marketing charge. Our full management fees are 12.5% plus VAT but are negotiable for those landlords with high value properties or a portfolio of properties they would like us to manage. Our fees cover:
- National marketing via Rightmove, Zoopla, and On The Market, the leading property websites.
- Newspaper advertising.
- Referencing, credit checking and Right to Rent checks on all tenants.
- Finding you a suitable tenant.
- Drawing up of tenancy agreements and deposit information.
- Registration of the Deposit via TDS.
- Arranging the compilation and preparation of the Inventory.
- Collecting the rent and accounting to you on a monthly with a regular statement.
- Regular inspections of the property with written reports if required.
- Advising and if required arranging any repairs that are necessary.
- Providing information and help on insurance and tax.
We collect a deposit of five weeks rent (capped at this amount by law effective 1st June 2019) from the tenant prior to the commencement of the tenancy to safeguard against damage and we will take on the responsibility of protecting the deposit via a government approved Tenancy Deposit Protection scheme (TDS). At the end of the tenancy we will inspect the property and the costs of any work attributed to the tenant will be deducted from the deposit. If the landlord or tenant fail to agree on these costs than any disputes will be referred to the dispute resolution service of the Tenancy Deposit Protection scheme (TDS).
All tenants are referenced and credit searched and will need to pass Right To Rent checks before they move into your property. Photo ID is required.
We will prepare an easy to read legal agreement which complies with current legislation. In general this will be for a period of no less than 6 months (or longer at your request) and then renewable on a month to month basis or for another fixed term. This gives you, the landlord, the flexibility to re-occupy or re-let the property after giving the tenant two months’ notice to vacate. Any extension or renewal requiring a new tenancy agreement will incur a document charge to cover the preparation of all paper work of £120 plus VAT.
Rates and Services
The payment of water rates, council tax, gas, electricity, TV licences and telephone bills are generally the responsibility of the tenants.
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
Since October 2008 all landlords have to provide a valid EPC for their property before it can be let. This document will last for 10 years. Failure to comply with the legislation could result in a fine and prevent a Landlord from offering the property for rent. We are able to offer you this service through Daniels Estate Agents. Additional charges apply.
Details of the property contents and a schedule of condition (the inventory) should be prepared in advance of the tenancy commencement date. We recommend the use of an independent inventory company or Inventory Clerk. This inventory schedule will form the basis for any deductions from the security deposit, once agreed between the Landlord and the Tenant. Additional charges apply.
Although we can help you with repairs, it is your responsibility to ensure the property is maintained in good condition, both prior to letting your property and once your tenant is in residence. Repairs can be carried out by contractors nominated by you, or by Daniels Estate Agents own approved contractors. Any charges will be deducted from your account and detailed on your rent statement. We will always ask for instructions before commencing any large scale repairs.
All of our landlords have access to a range of insurance packages with our insurance providers. These include rent and legal protection insurance, house building insurance and home contents insurance. Our insurance packages are comprehensive ensuring your property is properly protected.
If you are interested in our property management services in St Albans or you would like more information on any of the property services we provide, you can contact our property management team who will be happy to provide you with any information you require and answer any queries you may have.