Please see below important information you need to know whilst our office is closed over the Christmas period.
Monday 23rd 8:45am – 1:00pm
Tuesday 24th Closed
Wednesday 25th Closed
Thursday 26th Closed
Friday 27th 10am – 4pm
Saturday 28th 10am – 4pm
Monday 30th 10am – 4pm
Tuesday 31st Closed
Wednesday 1st January 2020 Closed
Thursday 2nd January 2020 8:15am – 6:00pm
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY
If you happen to have an emergency at your property whilst our office is closed, then please call our ‘Out of Hours’ Emergency contractors on the numbers below:
For plumbing & heating and electrical emergencies, please call Baker Smith 01727 730590
Please note that these numbers are only to be used if you have a serious emergency that cannot wait until our offices are open. In the event that the issue is not deemed as an emergency, or where the fault is a result of damage, incorrect use or an issue that is not the responsibility of the landlord, then you may be liable for the cost of the call out.
Please also be mindful that our contractors will be very busy accommodating everyone’s needs during this period, so would appreciate any calls being made during daytime hours. Please try to refrain calling them in the late hours of the evening or early hours of the morning.
WHAT IS CLASSED AS AN EMERGENCY?
As a tenant, you have the responsibility to minimise expense to your landlord. Before calling the emergency numbers, please check any manuals you have been supplied with or try searching the internet for a manual using the make and model of the appliance that is faulty.
In the event of an electrical failure and where it is safe to do so, please check trip switches and fuses.
In the event of loss of heating, please check the boiler/timer manuals and re-set. Change batteries in timers before calling our emergency contractors. Please note that if your boiler has lost water pressure then it is tenant’s responsibility to top up the pressure. You can YouTube ‘How To’ videos
Should a leak occur, please isolate the water supply using the stopcock to prevent additional damage to the property.
Please view list below to check if the issue is deemed as an emergency:
- No heating or hot water. – please ensure you have checked the pressure and used the manuals or internet before calling out a workman
- A heavy leak that will cause serious damage to the property or where water is affecting electrics – in this circumstance please turn off electricity at the mains board for your safety. If the leak is coming from the flat above, please make contact with said flat, if they are not home you will need to call the fire brigade
- Toilet that won’t flush – only if this is the only toilet in your property and you are unable to flush it by pouring a bucket of water down the toilet as a temporary solution.
- No water coming out of shower – only if this is your only means of sanitation. If you have a bath then please use this instead.
- No electric lights or sockets working – please check with neighbours, if they have the same problem then please contact the electricity company to report a power cut. Please check your fuse board, if one switch is sticking please unplug any appliances in the correlating room and keep trying the switch.
- An electrical fitting has smoke or sparks coming from it – please turn off electricity at the mains fuse board.
If you smell gas or suspect a gas leak, please call the National Grid emergency number – 0800 111 999
If your front door lock has broken and you are unable to ensure your property can be secured or you are unable to exit your property then please call a locksmith and keep the receipt. Please note that the loss of keys/locking yourself out is not a landlords repair expense and a refund will not be issued.
WHAT TO DO IF OUR EMERGENCY CONTRACTORS ARE UNAVAILABLE
In the event that our emergency contractors are unavailable, please instruct a contractor yourself and keep the invoice or receipt. We can then ask your landlord to reimburse you for the cost of the call out.
Please note that if you do not provide us with a receipt or an invoice for the call out or repairs, then we are unable to reimburse you for the cost. We will also not reimburse you for a call out or repair if the issue was not deemed as an emergency.
If you would like to talk directly to a Daniels member of staff regarding an Emergency then please call 07931 550043
We would like to take this opportunity to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!