As the COVID pandemic continues there is understandably a lot of uncertainty about how to safely move home. At Daniels we have implemented a number of important measures for our customers to ensure their safety and to reassure them that they can still move without unneeded exposure. Our team follow current government COVID guidelines, giving you the protection you need so you can still plan for the future.
The Daniels office is currently open to customers during the current lockdown. We have introduced a number of safety measures to ensure that both customers and staff remain protected. If you wish to visit our office in St Albans:
- We have reduced the number of staff working in our office, with as many working from home as possible.
- Staff will wear masks at all times, even during meetings. We also ask that anyone visiting our office also wears a face mask to further increase everyone’s safety.
- Social distancing will be in place in the office and sanitisation will be available to wash your hands when you arrive.
- Our offices are regularly cleaned to prevent the spread of COVID, including desks, chairs and door handles.
- If you are showing any COVID symptoms or have received a negative test please self-isolate for 10 days before coming to the office. We will happily arrange a new booking for you.
In order to minimise health risks we encourage people to use virtual viewings of properties in the first instance. If someone is interested in buying or renting the property we can then arrange an in-person viewing.
At all physical viewings we will wear a face mask and ask that others do the same, while also maintaining social distancing at all times. If anyone who has requested to view a property is showing signs of COVID-19 we will ask that the viewing is delayed until a later date.
Inside the property all doors will be left open so you do not have to touch door handles or surfaces unnecessarily. Wherever possible we will ask the current occupant not to be present during a physical viewing to increase safety measures. We will also provide sanitisation for the cleaning and drying of hands for added safety.
Before the pandemic on many occasions we would also drive clients to nearby appointments. Unfortunately this is not something we can offer at the moment given the health risks involved, so we ask that you make your own way to the address to meet at the allotted time.
We will try to be as flexible as possible with regards to sales and move dates if one of the parties is forced to self-isolate or falls ill with the coronavirus. This is also something we advise our clients to include in contract terms as COVID-19 poses a number of unexpected timing risks that would not normally affect the closure of a sale.
Looking to move to St Albans?
If you’re looking to buy or rent a property in St Albans or the surrounding areas, please get in touch with our team today who’ll be happy to help. All our available properties in St Albans can be viewed online here and we can offer a virtual viewing on request. If you would like to book a physical viewing, please get in touch with a member of our team today who will talk you through the Covid measures we have in place.